With Sales and Support Offices in Canada, the United States, the UK, India, and Poland, we are a growing company looking for an energetic and motivated Accounting Assistant, having manufactured, sold, installed and supported more than 10,500 CNC machines, AXYZ –Automation is a leading global manufacturer of CNC Router and CNC Knife Systems.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for all the accounting duties for two companies within a global group and provides support to the financial controller and other members of the accounting team who are located in Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes accounting entries as required to account for the day to day activities of the UK and Poland business, including but not limited to: processing vendor and customer invoices and payments, bank reconciliations, prepaid expense, payroll & benefits processing, inventory adjustments, and interval counts, and tax-related entries and filings
- Completes the month-end close, including journal entries and related reconciliations.
- Assists in the preparation of month end-entity financial statements for the UK and Poland offices
- Completes the month-end Poland statutory financial statements and associated support
- Assists with the organization of the finance group, including monthly binders, review, and sign.
- Works through ad-hoc finance group priorities, including better organizing, recording, and organization of transactions, and developing reporting.
- Reviews results, including investigating variances and taking appropriate follow-up actions.
- Assists in the preparation of analysis and technical accounting matters as they arise, experience with business combinations are considered an asset.
- Investigates accounting related issues as they arise.
- Annually liaises with and prepares information for the external auditors.
- Works with auditors through completion of the audit.
- Tracks and resolves accounting problems and discrepancies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Accounts management experience and a solid understanding of UK accounting principles and practices
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience (Preferably within an Auditing Firm).
- Professional accounting designation – ACCA or CIMA.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter, independent and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a growing environment and deliver under monthly timelines.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Highly organized with good attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage strict and short time frames.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- general ledger: 3 years (Preferred)
- ACCA or CIMA (Required)
CNC Service Technician
AXYZ are based in Telford, Shropshire and supply CNC machinery throughout the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for a number of roles within our service division. We have opportunities for experienced CNC Service Technicians as well as individuals that have some relevant experience, possibly as a CNC Operator or Programmer, and who are interested in re- training as a CNC Service Technician.
• CNC machinery installation, setup and training
• NC Software support and training
• Customer technical support via our telephone help desk, email and live on line system support
• Machinery fault finding and repairs
The successful applicant must be hard working, highly computer literate and enthusiastic to learn.
A formal qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering would be an advantage.
The individual will need to demonstrate all round practical ability and be prepared to travel extensively throughout the UK and Worldwide.
Full training will be provided for the successful applicant.
Salary subject to experience and qualifications.